Veganism has become more commonplace in society as more people are wanting to explore a healthier way of living. However, when people think of vegan food, they think of food that takes a lot of time to prepare and a lot of money to spend on ingredients but this couldn’t be further from the truth.
Although there are lots of dishes that can take a lot of time to make, there are also plenty of dishes that are perfect for those who are a bit lazier with their cooking and don’t want to spend a lot of time and money on their food.
The great thing about these dishes is that they require basic ingredients that are not hard to source and these meals can be made within 30 minutes. However, for those who are interested in trying out veganism or vegans who are looking for quick and easy meals for those busy days then this is the perfect article for you.
We’ve gathered over ten lazy vegan recipes that you should try whether you want to make a dinner dish or a quick breakfast so you can easily incorporate veganism into your lifestyle without spending too much money or time.
Even if you aren’t strictly vegan, these dishes are convenient and incredibly delicious meaning that you won’t even tell the difference while still ensuring that you get all the nutrients and vitamins you need to lead a healthy lifestyle.Jump to Recipe
Advantages Of Eating Vegan Meals
As mentioned before, you don’t necessarily need to be following a strict vegan diet to eat vegan meals but it has been proven that vegan meals are incredibly healthy and important to follow a healthy lifestyle thanks to the array of vitamins and nutrients that the ingredients provide. Here are just some of the advantages that come with eating vegan meals:
Providing Key Nutrients
The first benefit, and the most important, is that vegan dishes provide you with all the nutrients you need in higher portions as you will be using the foods that naturally contain higher amounts of these vitamins and properties such as fruits, grains, and vegetables among much more.
Reduces Risks Of Illnesses
Although this cannot be completely confirmed, there have been numerous studies conducted that indicate that following a vegan diet or following a diet with vegan foods predominantly will help to reduce the risk of suffering from serious illnesses such as cancer and other similar diseases.
This is because vegan foods have less saturated fats and fewer artificial sugars among other unhealthy properties.
Boosting Your Mental Health
Vegan meals have also been shown to help boost your mental health. This was proven in studies that showed that vegans and vegetarians have lower rates of depression than those who incorporate meat and fish in their diets.
Help You Lose Weight Healthily
For those who want to change their diet in order to lose weight then incorporating vegan meals is a great way to do this. By cutting down on meats and fish, you will also find that preparing vegan meals will automatically mean that you are incorporating more natural foods.
Preparing Your Meals
The great thing about the vegan dishes provided in this article is that you can either make them in individual portions as indicated or even make them in bulk and store them for later use. This is particularly helpful for those who are wanting to adhere to a specific diet and are easily swayed by fast foods.
There are other tips you can follow in order to make the most out of preparing your meals properly. Here are just a few of them:
Using Diced Vegetables
One reason why vegan meals have garnered a reputation for taking a long time to prepare is that it is often associated with buying fresh, whole vegetables.
However, one quick and easy way to cut down your preparation time is using pre-diced vegetables so you don’t have to go through the process of slicing and dicing the vegetables before mixing them into the meal.
Depending on how many vegetables your meal contains, this can save between 10 to 15 minutes of cooking time.
Preparing Pasta In Bulk Before Cooking
If you know that you want to prepare a pasta dish in the coming days or weeks but know that you will be busy then you can prepare your pasta to cut down on the cooking time when you make your dishes. You can do this by boiling your pasta in salted water until it becomes tender before straining the pasta through a colander.
When the pasta has cooled, pour some oil over the pasta to prevent it from sticking, and then place the pasta in a container and store it in a freezer.
Best Lazy Vegan Recipes
This article covers recipes that are specific to have for weeknight dinners but we have also incorporated some recipes that can work as both a breakfast and a dessert meaning that these recipes are more versatile.
Whether you are wanting to make a full meal or work on a side dish for your meal, we’ve gathered the best recipes that you need to reduce the amount of time and stress required into making a dish.
From essential basics such as rice to soup to omelets, you’ll be able to find the perfect choice for you that will fit into your lifestyle with ease.
Remember that these recipes are only a guide and that you can swap out ingredients to suit your taste but overall, you are going to benefit from the various nutrients that the ingredients provide. Here are the best lazy vegan recipes that you should consider trying:
Our first recommendation is this delicious banana oatmeal which not only is a great breakfast but a healthy dessert for those who want to resist gorging on a huge amount of processed sugar.
This banana oatmeal is incredibly quick to make and only takes 10 minutes to prepare and has a beautiful creamy consistency that contains plenty of fiber and protein to help suppress your appetite.
It only requires five ingredients as well, meaning that you don’t have to worry about sourcing lots of different ingredients that are difficult to find.
1/2 cup – of rolled oats
1 cup – of almond milk
1 – ripe banana
2 tbsp – brown sugar
8 to 10 – almonds
- Before you mix your ingredients, make sure that you prepare your ingredients properly. This includes mashing your banana and either chopping or slicing your almonds to ensure that there is even distribution in the oatmeal.
- When you have prepared your ingredients, you are ready to go. Firstly, you need to add the oatmeal and milk to a saucepan and allow it to be brought to a boil. When it is boiling, add the mashed banana in and mix thoroughly and carefully.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for three minutes. While it is simmering, mix in the brown sugar gradually.
- When the mixture has been cooked, top it with the nuts or fruit of your choice and it is ready to be served.
For those who want a filling dish that is extremely healthy then this cauliflower fried rice is perfect for you. This dish is extremely low in its calorie count and only takes around 15 minutes to make.
The great thing about this dish is that you can prepare it in bulk and store it in the freezer for future use if you are anticipating a busy week in the future.
½ tsp – garlic powder
1 tsp – of soy sauce
1 cup – of vegetables
1 – onion
2 cups – of cauliflower rice
- Before you cook your ingredients, make sure that you prepare them properly so make sure that the vegetables are chopped as well as the onion so it can be cooked consistently and save you time in the future.
- Preheat some oil in a pan and then sauté the garlic powder, onion, and vegetables for approximately five to seven minutes.
- When the vegetables are ready and tender, add the rest of the ingredients including the cauliflower rice and soy sauce as well as any salt and pepper you wish to add. Allow the food to cook for an additional three to five minutes.
- The dish is now ready to be served and can be topped with some garnish if desired to give it some flair.
There are few dishes that are easier to make than an omelet and even vegans can enjoy the classic dish now thanks to the popular egg substitute – chickpeas. This dish can be made within 10 minutes and is great as a breakfast dish or a light dinner option.
The great thing about omelets is that you can add various toppings and flavors to suit your taste.
½ tsp – black salt
½ cup – of chickpea flour
½ cup – of water
1- medium tomato
1 – onion
2 tbsp – nutritional yeast
2 tbsp – parsley
4 tbsp – olive oil
1 cup – of scrambled tofu
- Before you begin, make sure that you prepare your ingredients by making sure that your tomato and onion are finely chopped to provide even distribution when mixing.
- Firstly, you will need to mix the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, and salt into a mixing bowl and add the water until you have a batter that is free from any lumps.
- When you are confident that your batter doesn’t have any lumps, add the onion and tomato pieces as well as any other vegetables you want to add to the omelet and mix it in well.
- Add two pinches of baking soda to the mixture in order to make a fluffy omelet. You don’t have to do this step but it does promote a better result.
- Add around ¼ cup of the batter to your pan and allow it to cook for two minutes on each side until the color is even on both sides and brown in color.
Those looking for a delicious dessert that is quick and easy to make needn’t look any further than this amazing chocolate and peanut butter oatmeal. Perfect for vegans who have a sweet tooth, this dish only takes 30 minutes to prepare.
¼ cup – of dried berries
¼ cup – of melted peanut butter
¼ tsp – of salt
1 cup – of rolled oats
1 tbsp – ground flaxseed
1 tsp – baking powder
1 – ripe banana
1.5 cups – of unsweetened almond milk
2 tsp – unsweetened cocoa powder
2 to 3 tbsp – brown sugar
- Before you begin, preheat the oven to 200° C/ 400 F.
- Mix all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and make sure that everything is thoroughly stirred until you have a consistency that is even throughout.
- When you are confident that the mixture is ready to be cooked, prepare your baking tray by greasing it and then pouring in the mixture.
- Put the baking tray in the center of the oven and allow it to bake for around 25 to 30 minutes.
- When it has finished baking, take it out of the oven and then drizzle some of the melted peanut butter on top before either serving warm or placing it in a refrigerator for another date.
For those who love their meals to be full of different flavors then this lentil soup recipe is perfect for you. It comprises many spices and vegetables making it very filling and healthy, ensuring that you get as many nutrients as possible.
Although this dish only takes 30 minutes to cook, it can take a bit longer due to the preparation time if you buy fresh vegetables that are whole. To cut down on the time, buy pre-chopped vegetables.
½ tsp – black pepper powder
½ tsp – red chili powder
½ cup – of brown lentils
½ cup – of corn kernels
½ cup – of green beans
½ cup – of yellow and red peppers
1 tsp – ground coriander
1 tsp – ground cumin
1 tsp – oregano
1 tsp – of salt
1 – carrot
1 – lemon
1 – onion
2 tbsp – coriander leaves
2 – celery stalks
3 – tomatoes
6 – garlic pods
- Before you begin, make sure that you prepare your ingredients before you begin including ensuring that your vegetables are finely chopped and sliced. Another important preparation tip is allowing your lentils to have soaked for at least 30 minutes beforehand.
- Preheat some oil in your pan and add the celery, chili, garlic, and onion and allow the mixture to sauté for around two minutes.
- Now add the bell peppers and carrots to the mix and sauté for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for one minute.
- Add the lentils to the pan and mix them in with the rest of the ingredients thoroughly and consistently before adding the additional spices and rest of the ingredients.
- Allow the mix to simmer for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- The soup should be ready to serve and can be served with coriander leaves on top as well as some lemon juice to add a bit of zest.
For those who want to make a simple dish that has plenty of flavors then look no further than Mexican fried rice.
What is great about this dish is that you can choose what vegetables and spices to put into the mix but ultimately what you will get is food that is delicious and filling without any unhealthy ingredients in the mix.
1 cup – of rice
1 cup – of vegetable broth
1 cup – of vegetables
1 can – of tomato
1 – jalapeno
1 – medium onion
3 tsp – olive oil
4 – garlic pods
- Before you begin, make sure that you prepare your ingredients by ensuring that you chop and slice the vegetables that you plan on using.
- Add the garlic, jalapeno, and onion and allow them to sauté before adding the rice for an additional three to four minutes.
- Now you should add the tomatoes and vegetables as well as any seasoning that you want to add before adding the broth and allowing the mixture to simmer for around 15 to 20 minutes with the lid covering the pan.
- When the dish has fully cooked, garnish with some coriander leaves to add a bit of flair and store any remaining rice in a container in the freezer for further use.
One of the easiest soups to make is minestrone and what is great about this dish is that it combines soup with pasta to create food that is both delicious and filling.
It takes less than thirty minutes to make and any spare portions can be stored in a container and kept in a freezer for a later date.
1 can – of beans
1 can – of tomatoes
2 cups – of small pasta
2 cups – of vegetables
2 tsp – oregano
3 tbsp – olive oil
- Make sure that you prepare your ingredients properly before you begin by ensuring that all vegetables you plan on using have been chopped or diced. This will help to save time as well as mean that you don’t have to worry about long cooking times.
- Firstly, add the vegetables that you plan on using and allow them to cook for around two minutes.
- Now add the beans, pasta, and tomatoes to the mixture and make sure that you stir them in well to provide consistency.
- Now add the broth and seasoning and allow the mixture to simmer until everything is properly cooked and heated thoroughly.
- Now you can serve the dish and the best way to do this is by adding some garnish such as coriander leaves to give it some flair.
For those who love to make curry but are intimidated by the idea of making one from scratch then look no further than this potato curry.
Made within 20 minutes, this potato curry is not only vegan but also free from gluten and nuts as well making it even more accessible to other dietary needs. Full of flavor and spice, this curry is sure to become a quick favorite.
½ tsp – turmeric powder
¾ tsp – cumin powder
1 tsp – asafoetida
1 tsp – cumin seeds
1 tsp – garam masala
1 tsp – red chili powder
1 tbsp – ginger garlic paste
1 – medium onion
1.5 tsp – salt
2 tsp – coriander powder
2 to 4 tbsp – coriander leaves
2 – medium tomatoes
3 tbsp – olive oil
6 – medium potatoes
- Before you begin, you need to make sure that you properly prepare your ingredients which includes chopping and slicing your vegetables. Also, make sure that you have washed and peeled your potatoes before cutting them into wedges.
- Firstly, add the cumin seeds, garlic paste, onion, asafoetida, and sauté until the mixture is translucent before adding the tomatoes and allowing it to sauté further on medium heat for an extra two to three minutes until the tomatoes have softened.
- Now, add the spices including the cumin powder, and red chili powder as well as your own additions, and stir it in thoroughly before adding ¼ cup of water and allowing the mixture to simmer for around a minute.
- When oil starts to spit from the mixture, add the potatoes and sauté for two minutes before adding 1.5 cups of water and season with salt.
- Lower the heat and allow the pan to simmer for around ten minutes.
Like other fried rice dishes, this quinoa fried rice is great for those who want a quick and easy meal that is filling and works as the main part of a dish or a side dish in a smaller portion.
Taking less than thirty minutes to make, this dish is great for those who want to incorporate quinoa into their dish. What is also great is that this dish can be made with a minimum of five ingredients but what you add to it is up to you depending on what flavors you want to include.
½ tsp – vinegar
1 cup – of vegetables
2 tsp – soy sauce
2 cups – of cooked quinoa
3 tbsp – olive oil
- Before you begin, make sure that your vegetables are chopped and sliced depending on what vegetables you are using.
- Firstly, add the vegetables and allow them to sauté for around three to five minutes until they have softened and cooked thoroughly.
- Now, add the quinoa, soy sauce, and vinegar to the mixture and stir in thoroughly. Turn the heat down to a low flame and allow the mixture to cook for an additional three to five minutes.
- When the dish has finished cooking, you can serve it with a garnish such as green onions to add an extra bit of color.
This so so quick and simple that there can’t be a long recipe for this vegan smoothie. Quick breakfast option in fact. To make it more filling, add a tbsp of oat flakes to this. Just blend the ingredients in a blender and this healthy vegan breakfast smoothie is ready in minutes.
1 cup – of almond milk
1 – banana
2 to 3 tbsp – maple syrup
10 to 12 – strawberries
- Make sure that you prepare your ingredients by ensuring that the strawberries are chopped.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend for around one minute or until the smoothie is completely smooth with no lumps.
One of the most popular dishes that vegans often make is vegetable fried rice. A great option for a full lunch and a light dinner, vegetable fried rice is fantastic as it can incorporate any leftover rice and vegetables that you may have stored away.
It can be made within ten minutes and allows you to combine all kinds of spices and vegetables depending on what you love to eat.
1 cup – of vegetables
1 tsp – ginger garlic paste
1 – onion
2 tsp – ground spices
2 cups – of cooked rice
- Before you begin, you need to make sure that you prepare your ingredients by chopping up the vegetables in order to allow for an even and consistent cook.
- Firstly, you need to add your initial ingredients which include garlic paste, onion, and vegetables, and allow them to sauté for two minutes on high heat. After these two minutes, lower the heat settings and cover the pan with a lid.
- Now you should add in the spices that you want to include with some popular choices including coriander, cumin, and paprika. The options are endless. Make sure that the spices are mixed in properly.
- Stir in the rice, salt, and pepper, and stir it all in for two minutes at a higher temperature.
- Now your vegetable fried rice is ready to serve and you can garnish it with some coriander leaves
The last recipe we recommend is these delicious whole wheat banana pancakes.
They make a great breakfast and dessert dish and provide you with plenty of health benefits from the pancakes while also allowing you to satisfy your sweet tooth with the addition of chocolate or maple syrup depending on your preference.
Before you gather your ingredients, make sure that you have a griddle to cook your pancakes on. This recipe is extremely convenient and easy to make as it takes less than 20 minutes to complete.
¼ tsp – baking powder
½ tsp – cinnamon powder
1 cup – of whole wheat flour
1 pinch – of salt
1 tsp- vanilla essence
1.5 or 2 cups – of almond milk
2 or 3 – ripe bananas
3 or 4 tbsp – brown sugar
4 tbsp – oil
¼ cup – of chocolate syrup
2 or 3 tbsp – chocolate chips
2 – ripe bananas
- Mash the ripe bananas (for the pancakes) in a mixing bowl and add the brown sugar and a little bit of the milk and mix it well.
- Now you need to add in the flavoring including the pinch of salt, vanilla essence, and cinnamon powder, and stir these in thoroughly.
- When you have finished mixing in the flavoring, add in the rest of the pancake ingredients and mix until you have a thick batter with even consistency throughout. Make sure to add a bit of milk at a time so as not to overwhelm the batter.
- Preheat the pancakes on your griddle or pan on medium heat and grease it with some butter. Place the mixture onto the pan or griddle for a minute before flipping it over for another minute. Keep doing this until both sides turn brown and are evenly cooked.
- Make sure that there is no excess oil left in the pan and slide the pancakes onto your plate before serving with the toppings you have picked.