Trying to decide what to have for dinner is one of the most annoying parts of being an adult, especially if you struggle with cooking in general.
Even if you are a good cook, finding the time to make a hearty and filling meal can be difficult, especially if you are cooking for a large family with kids.
In times like these, you want something easy and simple to make, but it still has to be delicious and something everyone will enjoy. That’s why Mediterranean chicken wraps might be the best meal option for you.
Any type of wrap makes a great meal. They’re super easy to make and very customizable, you can add and take out anything according to your taste or what you want for dinner that night.
Here are some of the best Mediterranean chicken wrap recipes that are simple but will make an excellent dinner.
Wraps In 15 Minutes
If you’re a mom with a busy weeknight schedule because of all of your kid’s activities, then this is the recipe for you. From start to finish it will only take 15 minutes to prepare and cook, so you can spend more time focussing on your family rather than spending hours in the kitchen.
This is a great meal to make in bulk, as you can make the wrap filling and then leave it in the fridge for a few days, so you will be able to save even more precious time in the week.
You will be able to make four wraps out of this recipe if you follow the ingredient amount on this list.
Amazing Mediterranean Chicken Wraps
This wrap does have a lot of traditional Mediterranean flavors in it that perhaps not all kids will like, but like with any wrap, it is really easy to switch out any ingredients you or your family do not like.
4 cups of cooked and shredded chicken
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (around 1 cup)
4 ounces baby arugula or spinach (around 4 cups)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers, chopped and dry
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup black or kalamata olives, chopped
4 (12-inch) flour tortillas, white or whole wheat
- Add the chicken, Greek yogurt, feta, olives, lemon zest, lemon juice, red peppers, salt, and pepper, into a large bowl and mix together.
- Take a tortilla and spread the arugula or spinach all over it
- Using a spoon, add the chicken mixture to the wrap, putting it down the middle. If you are making 4 wraps then this should be around 1/4 of the mixture
- Wrap the tortilla tightly
- Using a serrated knife, slice the wrap in half
Slightly Less Authentic Mediterranean Wraps (But Still Delicious!)
This recipe is a mixture of typical Greek wraps and shawarma wraps with a few extra changes. They’re a great option for you if the usual Mediterranean taste is a bit too much for you.
Like the last recipe, the wrap filling can be made in bulk and refrigerated for a few days, so if one night you don’t feel like cooking you’ll have a whole meal already waiting for you. These wraps are super filling but taste so good that you probably won’t be able to stop at just one.
With just a few ingredients and a cook time of around 30 minutes, you won’t have to wait long for a good meal at the end of the day.
1 1/2 lbs / 650g chicken breast, boneless and skinless
1 cup chopped cabbage
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp dill, dried or 1 tbsp fresh
1 tsp chili flakes
1 1/2 tsp mint, dried
1 tsp ground black pepper
salt and pepper to taste
- Chop all of the vegetables for the salad, then mix them in a bowl together.
- Make the garlic sauce – to do this you will need to mix the Greek yogurt with 1 of the garlic cloves. Add a pinch of salt and the dill then mix together until smooth and all of the ingredients have combined
- Chop up the chicken into small, bite-sized pieces.
- In a non-stick pan, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil, and then add the chicken. Cook on medium to high heat. Next add the chili flakes, dried mint, black pepper, and the other 2 cloves of garlic to the pan. Stir everything together until the chicken is coated.
- Cook this for 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown in color. Stir occasionally.
- Make the wraps – you can add as much or as little of the ingredients as you like! Start with the salad. Add the lettuce or cabbage to the center of the wrap, then the chicken, salad, cooked broccoli, hummus, and maybe even some tzatziki.
- Wrap the tortilla tightly. If it seems too big to eat then cut it in half with a serrated knife
- Eat and enjoy!
Wraps are some of the best meals you can cook because they are super flexible and easy to make. They usually take no more than half an hour, which is a great benefit for busy mums who need to feed their kids a healthy dinner quickly.
Wraps also make an excellent lunch food, as it is very easy to put one in a box and take it to work with you if you need to. They’re much more exciting to have than sandwiches every day.
We hope these recipes gave you some inspiration for your dinner tonight!