Cooking an extravagant dinner is all fun and games, but doing the washing up afterward is nothing short of a tiresome inconvenience. This is why many households are beyond grateful to have a dishwasher.
Gone are the hours of standing over the sink desperately trying to scrub unrinsed pasta sauce from a pan, you can simply throw your dirty crockery in the dishwasher and let it do the work for you. However, there are many dishes that are not suitable for the dishwasher.
Fine china and wooden spoons are just some examples of the items that you have to wash in the sink. This brings us to Calphalon Pans.
Many of you with a Calphalon Pan will be wondering whether or not you can put it in the dishwasher, and we have the answers here!
In this article, we will discuss whether or not Calphalon Pans can be placed in the dishwasher, plus more!
What Is A Calphalon Pan?
Calphalon pans are made by Calphalon, which is one of the most well-known manufacturers of cookware. They are often used as the go-to brand when people want to buy high-quality cookware. These pans are generally made out of aluminum, and they come in various sizes.
The smaller ones are perfect for cooking individual portions of food, while larger versions are great for making large meals.
The main difference between these two types of pans is their size. Larger versions tend to be heavier than their smaller counterparts. However, if you are looking for something lightweight, then you should definitely consider buying a smaller version instead.
Are Calphalon Pans Dishwasher Safe?
Calphalon Pans have non-stick surfaces made from anodized aluminum. Pans with a non-stick surface generally cannot be placed in the dishwasher.
So, due to their non-stick surfaces. There are many Calphalon pans that cannot be washed in the dishwasher. These include:
- The Classic Non-stick Calphalon pan
- The Classic Ceramic Non-stick Calphalon pan
- Select Calphalon Classic Ceramic Non-stick
- Select Calphalon Classic Non-stick
It is important that these Calphalon pans are washed by hand, or you risk rendering them unusable.
However, there is an exception when it comes to certain Calphalon Pans. Let’s check out some examples!
The Calphalon Pans that are considered safe for the dishwasher are:
- The Signature Non-stick Calphalon Pan
- The Contemporary Non-stick Calphalon Pan
- The Williams Sonoma Elite Non-stick Calphalon pan
Although, it is important to note that while these Calphalon pans can be washed in the dishwasher, it is not recommended because the cleaning agent in the dishwasher can damage the aluminum.
Also, other utensils in the dishwasher, such as cutlery, can scratch and damage the surface of the Calphalon pan.
How To Clean Calphalon Pans
So, now that you know some Calphalon cooking pans are dishwasher safe, but not necessarily recommended for the dishwasher, it is good to know how to clean them by hand to make it an easier task!
Here are some tips for hand washing your Calphalon pans!
- Wash the pan as soon as you’re finished with it. It is best to let the water wash away most of the food particles before you begin to wash it.
- You should avoid washing the Calphalon pan with cold water. This will cause the inner material of the pan to warp, and render it unusable.
- If your Calphalon pan came with instructions from the manufacturer on how to wash it, then you should follow those! If not, you can try and find these instructions online. This will help to prolong the lifespan of your Calphalon pan.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners, like steel wool or a metal brush when cleaning your pan. You should instead use a soft brush, a soft sponge, or a washcloth. It should be scrubbed gently.
- You should never use any harsh chemicals on the Calphalon pan. These will instantly destroy the pan. When it comes to using a detergent to clean the pan, you should use one that is mild. Mild detergents are more than satisfactory when it comes to removing any burnt foods and stains from your Calphalon pan.
- For more difficult stains, it is acceptable to soak your pan in warm water for 10-20 minutes. Make sure the temperature of the water is tepid, and not too cold or hot.
Is There A Way To Restore The Surface Of A Calphalon Pan?
So, you’ve put your non-stick Calphalon pan in the dishwasher, and it’s no longer non-stick. While this is disappointing, there’s still a chance to save it.
It is known as the baking soda paste method! All you need to do is follow these steps:
You Will Need
- A cup of water
- Half a cup of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- Access to a heat source
- Some vegetable oil
- Firstly, you need to pour the water into a bowl.
- Next, mix the baking soda and vinegar into the same bowl with the water.
- Once you have made a solution, put it into the Calphalon cooking pan that needs fixing.
- Heat the pan for around 15 minutes only. Set a timer to ensure you do not go beyond this time frame.
- Let the pan cool down for a little while, and then wash it by hand.
- Let it dry naturally.
- Once it has dried, rub vegetable oil over the surface of the pan.
This method should restore the non-stick surface of the pan.
Calphalon pans have a non-stick surface which typically means they cannot be placed in the dishwasher. This is true of most Calphalon pans. However, there are some exceptions to this rule that mean some Calphalon pans do not need to be washed by hand.
Although, it is important to note that while this is permissible, it is not recommended because dishwasher detergents may be too harsh for the pan, and the other metal utensils in the dishwasher may scratch its surface.
If your Calphalon pan has been damaged by your dishwasher, you can fix it by following the steps above. We hope that this article helped you to understand if Calphalon pans are dishwasher safe!